Friday 15 August 2008

early years


I have a vivid memory of standing in a cot in the corner of my parents’ bedroom. It was early morning and they were fast asleep. My older sister had come into the room and was standing in front of the cot, beckoning me to climb out. I couldn’t manage it and so she climbed in with me to play. This must be my earliest memory and I can’t have been more than about 2 years old. Early years centred on our home and small family. My sister was my first friend and playmate. Here’s a very early picture of us both, with me in the super luxury pram of that period.

Look at this photo of us both in our front garden. No I’m not an astronaut in training or a budding fighter pilot. Money was tight and mum used to make a lot of our clothes. The natty outfit was one of her creations and known as a ‘siren suit’. I guess the fantastic hats in the photo above were her handy work too.

Here’s another corker of us – it looks like we are at Custer’s Last stand with our Indian headdresses. Don’t ask - I have no idea why we were both wearing them!

No comments: